Review: Bossed by Sloane Howell


I wasn't very keen on this book. The writing was OK, not memorable, but adequate enough for me to finish the book, although admittedly I did skim read it. But what frustrated me was the fact that the male protagonist is introduced as supposedly an arrogant, rude womaniser, but a successful businessman, yet after knowing the female protagonist for perhaps less than a week, he turns into a whiny, whipped man-child just because she decides that she's no longer speaking to him.

Ethan claims at the start that he'd let nothing jeopardise his business, but before you know it, he's moping at home, seemingly forgetting that he has a company to run. It was like he'd had a lobotomy! This wasn't believable to me. A successful businessman wouldn't act like this. After building his company from scratch, why would he forget about his business in favour of drowning himself in Chinese food over a woman he hardly knows? The answer is simple - he wouldn't.

Overall, Ethan came across as pretty immature, not alpha at all, if that's what the author was going for. But then that's not surprising considering he compares Jenny to a man because she likes to eat carbs. But I guess one of them has to wear the trousers in the relationship!


I was in the mood for a light and easy read between thrillers, and that's exactly what I got. But it just wasn't as enjoyable or engaging as my usual thrillers, unfortunately. 

RATING: 2 STARS!



Comments