Review: Don't Wake Up by Liz Lawler


This story was crazy and oh-so compelling! The plot was so well structured that I was hooked from the beginning and did most of my reading during my commute to and from work. I can only imagine how weird and annoying my fellow commuters thought I was every time I emit an audible gasp on the underground, as the narrative took one creepy turn after another. A couple times, I found myself staring in horror at my Kindle, appalled by the seriously creepy and scary direction the plot was heading in. This was mainly because I happened to read the operation scenes while attempting to eat my breakfast in the morning! *gag*

I couldn't put my Kindle down and was desperate to know who the culprit was. I finished Don't Wake Up in a few days because of this and couldn't believe the completely batshit reveal at the end. It was so good!

The only reason why I didn't give Liz Lawler's novel 5 stars is because I award this to books that I can picture myself wanting to read again in a few years' time because they're that good. As much as I enjoyed Don't Wake Up, much of its appeal is in not knowing how the story would end, so a second read would not be nearly as gratifying. However, I think thriller fans would definitely appreciate the bonkers twist and Lawler's excellent writing.

Rating: 4 STARS!

Comments