Review: The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

 Publication date: 1st August 2014


(This ARC was provided by NetGalley)

I was hooked on this book to begin with, but ultimately the blurb was sort of misleading. I thought this was going to be a book about obsessive love and the disturbing ways an actual crazy person in love will attempt to rationalise their behaviour. Instead, a man accepts a kidnapping job to pay the bills, with no real interest in the abductee at first. The constant changing POVs were annoying as the formatting of the ARC prevented you from understanding at first which character's thoughts you were reading. You had to read on further to work it out each time. I'd say the first half was good but I lost interest about 70% in, so I must confess I have no idea how it ends. Thus ends my review. Suffice to say, this was a disappointing read.




My rating:

Comments