Book Review: Ransom by Rachel Schurig

Publication Date: 27th April 2014

(This ARC was provided by NetGalley)

Note to self: in future, stay away from rocker-themed NA (New Adult) novels. They will only disappoint you. I read over half of this ARC but unfortunately it wasn't enough to make me want to read further. I didn't hate the story but I found the characters dull. For a rock star, Dalton didn't seem to be much of a personality or have enough charisma to make me believe he had any stage presence. And Daisy was nice enough but not engaging enough for me to care to read further. I wasn't really taken with their love story. The writing wasn't bad, though. That's what kept me reading but the story didn't keep me captivated, as I kept waiting for something exciting to happen. I threw in the towel at 52% to read another book.

Comments